Your bag is empty.
FREE SHIPPING $99+ | FREE 100 DAY RETURNS
Actual cover or vinyl color may vary slightly from mockup
Condition: New & Sealed
Out of stock
We've got your back
Free Shipping $99+
• Free 3-8 day shipping on orders $99+
- or -
• 1-5 day shipping for $11.95 flat rate
• 3-8 day shipping for $8.95 flat rate
• 10-25 day shipping for $5.95 flat rate
Free 100 Day Returns
• Open it, play it, don't like it? Send it back. No questions asked.
• We pay return shipping - return any time within 100 days.
• Click here to view our full (and pretty awesome) return policy and/or start a return.
• All orders are packed in bomb proof packaging made for records.
• We use mailers designed for any size record and any size order.
We live and breathe this stuff.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll get back to you ASAP.
The 1997 Grammy winning collaboration between Charlie Haden and Pat Metheny. It contains original Charlie Haden and Pat Metheny compositions as well as some undiscovered gems by Jimmy Webb and Johnny Mandel. Also included are covers of music by Roy Acuff, Henry Mancini, and Haden's son Josh. Beyond the Missouri Sky (Short Stories) won the Grammy Award for Best Jazz Instrumental Performance. "The Precious Jewel" had been made popular by the Delmore Brothers, who were a major influence on Charlie Haden. "Waltz for Ruth" was composed especially for this album and is dedicated to Haden's wife. "Tears of Rain" is also an original composition for this project by Metheny, recorded with his sitar guitar. According to Haden, "The Moon Song" by Johnny Mandel had never been recorded before. "Spiritual", by Charlie Haden's son Josh Haden, was originally released on Spain's debut album The Blue Moods of Spain and was covered by Johnny Cash in 1996. Jimmy Webb took the title of "The Moon Is a Harsh Mistress" from a Robert A. Heinlein novel of the same name.
Tracklist and audio may vary slightly from the vinyl version